Saturday, May 26, 2007

bauhaus & umbrela




The new project, a Bauhaus umbrella
Design a Bauhaus brolly made from poly (colloquial terms for an umbrella)

『 Umbrella history』
Basic umbrella was invented over 4000 years ago.
Chinese waxed and lacquered their paper parasok.
The word ‘umbrella” = latin word for shade and shadow.
James Smith and Sons 1830, England.

The process for the Bauhaus umbrella
Before I design the Bauhaus umbrella, I need to learn the Bauhaus.
After that, I learn to use the poly and do some practices.
This is my practice.
There are four different kinds of shapes.
First layer, I only use the beans, such as red bean, green bean, corn, black bean, to combine with poly.
Second layer, I add two colors, white and yellow, into poly.Third layer, I put some dry flowers and a little white color to mix.





No comments: